The resources will help you take the first step on your own. If you have questions or need legal advice, contact me.
These forms, guides, and reference materials are free. Simply click on the document.
These forms are for use in Minnesota only. Please be advised that these forms are not meant as legal advice or sufficient to form an attorney-client relationship. If you have a legal question, contact me for a case evaluation.
- Credit report request letter (PDF) This letter can be used to request current copies of your credit reports.
- Credit report dispute letter (PDF) This letter can be used to dispute inaccurate information on your credit report.
- Debt validation letter (PDF) This letter can be used within 30 days of a debt collector’s first communication to request validation of the debt.
- Collection communications log (PDF) This guide can be used to log your communications with a debt collector.
- Recording phone calls (PDF) This guide provides information on the legality of recordings and if legal, how to record your phone calls. WARNING: it is illegal to record any conversation that you are not party to. In addition, every state has a different law on recording phone calls. Make sure it is legal for you to record before making any recordings
- Debt collection lawsuit guide – this handy guide will help you understand how debt collection lawsuits usually proceed and what your options are